1. The Audit Office is the external regulatory body for public accounts of the State administration and other local bodies.
2. The Office will be comprised of ten trustees appointed by Parliament, by means of an agreement that requires a qualified majority.
3. The Office carries out its duties on a collegiate basis for a 5-year term, which can be renewed for a further five years.
4. It has full organizational, functional and budgetary autonomy in accordance with Law.
5. Personal status, incompatibilities, grounds for dismissal, organization and functioning of the Audit Office shall be regulated by law.