1. All citizens have the right to participate in public affairs by exercising the democratic right to vote in elections, which to be held once every 5 years at the most.
2. The calling for elections and referendums, that will be free and universal, is the exclusive competence of Parliament.
3. All persons who have not been deprived of their civil and political rights, have the right to vote and/or to stand as a candidate.
4. All persons, associations and foundations may promote popular legislative initiatives. The law will determine the requirements and quorum necessary.
5. All citizens have the inalienable right to access to public functions and positions in equal opportunities.